Printfil - Allows character based applications to print on Windows printers and PDF export.
This software allows character based applications to print to any Windows printer, including USB, network printers, faxmodems and PDF writers, even if it is a Dos/Windows application or a Unix/Linux app. running on a Windows PC via telnet, without changes to the original applications.
You can set your application to print to an ascii file, or you can have Printfil capturing a parallel port output, automatically redirecting your print jobs to any printer, even to a printer which is physically connected to the captured port.
it allows also:
- preview printing
- include logos or other images stored in separate files
- colorize the text
- print A4 landscape sheets in place of printing on dot-matrix 136-column printers
- print to ANY printer installed on the Windows Control Panel, including USB, GDI, Windows-only and Virtual printers
- send print jobs via fax (using any third-party fax software which acts like a printer - eg. Microsoft Fax - or a multifunction - all-in-one - printer)
- use specialist windows fonts (barcodes, for instance) as well as normal characters
- export print jobs in PDF format, with or without user intervention, even with encryption and password protection
- send print jobs via e-mail by using your own e-mail client program, with or without user intervention
- use a single, customizable set of escape sequences for ALL printers, regardless of make, model and emulation provided (if any, as for GDI printers)
- print complex jobs to legacy printers in RAW mode (drawings etc.)
- archive a copy of all the captured jobs
- use multiple printers simultaneously
All this without changes to your applications
If you are developing host based applications (like Unix) to run on a Windows Terminal Emulator, you can stop battling with transparent-print characters and different settings for different printers. All you need is a shared file system (NFS, SCO-VisionFS, Samba and others) to store output for your print jobs and PRINTFIL.
Released by Printfil di G.D.. Last updated on 24-April-2006
network, windows, password, protocol, secure, prn2file, terminal emulator, dosprn, http, capture
Colasoft Capsa Professional - Expert packets sniffer designed for Protocol Analysis and Network Diagnosis
Expert network analyzer designed for packet decoding and network diagnosis, Colasoft Capsa monitors the network traffic transmitted over a local host and a local network, helping network administrators troubleshoot network problems. With the ability of real time packet capture and accurate data analysis, Colasoft Capsa makes your network transparent before you, letting you quickly and efficiently fix the network troubles.
Colasoft Capsa supports monitoring multiple adapters (enterprise edition only), letting you view the traffic passing through your network via different adapters.
Advanced analyzers provide more detailed information about network traffic, allowing you to view the analyzed data of email messages, FTP transfers and HTTP requests.
Simple filters and advanced filters can narrow the target hosts, letting you quickly focus on suspect traffic and identify the source of network troubles.
Statistics and graphs let you view network communications in various ways, bring you an overall and visual impression of your network.
Diagnoses list network diagnosis events and provide possible reasons and solutions.
Flexible and intuitive interface is the outstanding feature of Colasoft Capsa, you can easily switch from an overall statistics to the details of a specific network node, even a rookie user can manage it efficiently in a few moments.
Released by Colasoft Co., Ltd.. Last updated on 28-April-2006
packet, internet, images, sniffer, applications, linux, printers, preview, security, barcodes