Printfil - Allows character based applications to print on Windows printers and PDF export.
This software allows character based applications to print to any Windows printer, including USB, network printers, faxmodems and PDF writers, even if it is a Dos/Windows application or a Unix/Linux app. running on a Windows PC via telnet, without changes to the original applications.
You can set your application to print to an ascii file, or you can have Printfil capturing a parallel port output, automatically redirecting your print jobs to any printer, even to a printer which is physically connected to the captured port.
it allows also:
- preview printing
- include logos or other images stored in separate files
- colorize the text
- print A4 landscape sheets in place of printing on dot-matrix 136-column printers
- print to ANY printer installed on the Windows Control Panel, including USB, GDI, Windows-only and Virtual printers
- send print jobs via fax (using any third-party fax software which acts like a printer - eg. Microsoft Fax - or a multifunction - all-in-one - printer)
- use specialist windows fonts (barcodes, for instance) as well as normal characters
- export print jobs in PDF format, with or without user intervention, even with encryption and password protection
- send print jobs via e-mail by using your own e-mail client program, with or without user intervention
- use a single, customizable set of escape sequences for ALL printers, regardless of make, model and emulation provided (if any, as for GDI printers)
- print complex jobs to legacy printers in RAW mode (drawings etc.)
- archive a copy of all the captured jobs
- use multiple printers simultaneously
All this without changes to your applications
If you are developing host based applications (like Unix) to run on a Windows Terminal Emulator, you can stop battling with transparent-print characters and different settings for different printers. All you need is a shared file system (NFS, SCO-VisionFS, Samba and others) to store output for your print jobs and PRINTFIL.
Released by Printfil di G.D.. Last updated on 24-April-2006
network, emulator, software, testing, test, recording, windows, simulator, secure, prn2file
VE Network Catcher (Lite) - Freeware network monitoring tool – measure latency and packet loss over time.
Network Catcher, from Shunra Software, is a free network monitoring tool that records and displays latency and packet loss between your PC and any internet site. Use this freeware tool to monitor the quality of your network link. You can save all your recordings and send it to another user via email.
Network Catcher also integrates with Shunra’s network simulation technology, enabling you to capture and import production conditions directly into network simulation scenarios and test applications under real-life network conditions. Network Catcher’s production network recordings are also ideal for baselining the performance of the production network, including best case, worst case and average application performance – giving you a great starting point from which to make informed decisions on performance limitations and expectations for new or existing applications that are about to be deployed over the network.
Using production network parameters is ideal for testing applications when the target network already exists, such as a company’s corporate network or a customer’s network. However, if the target network has not yet been designed or built out, you can record a variety of different production networks and create a library of production network conditions which you can then use to test your applications and ensure that that they meet performance expectations in any potential network environment.
Released by Shunra Software. Last updated on 05-April-2006
terminal emulator, password, dosprn, jitter, emulation, internet, images, applications, linux, printers